j820 issues

Francois-Rene Rideau fare@tunes.org
Sat Jul 31 21:31:19 CEST 2004

On Sat, Jul 31, 2004 at 10:23:35PM +0300, Matan Ziv-Av wrote:
> I have a filesystem loop mounted on /mnt/arm/2, and the following
> scripts makes a new filesystem (dd if=/dev/zero and mke2fs), copies the
> files, and gzips the new filesystem.
OK. That's something we specifically avoided so as to allow the build
process to work without the root privileges necessary to mount and umount.
However, with debugfs, we achieve most of the functionality in userspace
(copying all the files), and our init script finishes the job
by creating all the necessary symlinks.
Extra complexity, but works out of the box as any user.

This leaves open the question of fixing the kernel...

PS: while I was using debian on my CF, I noticed that fbi, w3m-img,
and many programs using the framebuffer would receive a fatal signal
whenever they tried to display anything. Has anyone here experienced
a similar issue, or has succeeded at using these programs without problem?

The program isn't debugged until the last user is dead.