Beginner's questions

Francois-Rene Rideau fare@tunes.org
Mon Jun 14 16:15:14 CEST 2004

On Mon, Jun 14, 2004 at 05:42:41AM -0700, David Jones wrote:
> I've been out of action for a while.
I'm not really in action, but I'll try to setup a basic tree for 2.6,
as well as trim down the 2.4 tree to just the files we modified.

> My devl PC died
> and I've just this past weekend got linux installed on
> the replacement.
Ouch.

> I'll look at the web site tonight after work.  It's
> long over due for a general refresh.
Thanks. If my suggestions died with your PC, they are on the archive,
or I can resend them.

> I don't the about web page rights.
Maybe project administrators can somehow chown files, maybe there is an easier
way that I haven't thought of, but when I try to remove or overwrite the files
you wrote, I get "permission denied" from the ssh.sf.net kernel due to lacking
access rights.

> At one time, Oleg was able to update things.
> So I' not sure what has changed.
I'm not always as bright as Oleg -- that's a proposed change.

> Any new news of the pcmcia voltage problems,
Well, as I said in a previous message, the latest CVS changes from Oleg
make my kluge obsolete as far as my configuration is concerned.
I still have to remove and reinsert my eth0 before cardmgr -o
will see it properly, and cardmgr will still Oops the kernel in a bad way
(locking away any further cardmgr attempt) once the rootfs is mounted on hda,
but otherwise, it works as well as it ever has.

> getting  the usb working?
I don't think anyone is working on that.
Maybe waiting for kernel 2.6...

I made up the term 'object-oriented', and I can tell you
I didn't have C++ in mind.
	-- Alan Kay, OOPSLA '97