Beginner's questions

Francois-Rene Rideau fare@tunes.org
Tue Jun 15 00:21:45 CEST 2004

On Tue, Jun 15, 2004 at 01:48:19AM +0400, Efim Monarkh wrote:
> We do not have a special plan. In general our group is creating
> graphical applications for maritime navigation (electronic nautical
> charts, ECDIS...) For example we are interesting if it is possible to
> compile Qtopia for Jornada.

It is possible to compile Qtopia for Jornada.
However, you'll find that 16MB
(or even 32MB if you find a memory expansion board)
is precious little memory to run any Qtopia application.
You'll have to swap, and swap is slow, especially so on CF.

I'm not saying you can't achieve your purpose;
but you probably will have to work hard
to cram everything into available memory.
And then maybe it's cheaper to buy a Zaurus.

PS: I use a 2GB harddisk on CF, which gives me enough space
to install debian and swap, at the cost of reduced battery life.

Living your life is a task so difficult, it has never been attempted before.