j820 kernel tree

Francois-Rene Rideau fare@tunes.org
Thu Jun 24 19:35:16 CEST 2004

On Thu, Jun 24, 2004 at 06:55:50PM +0200, Oleg Gusev wrote:
>   IMHO, it makes sense simply to commit all the trivial parts
>   of our CVS to the handhelds cvs.
It certainly does. However, I find that my ssh publickey is denied
(perhaps due to CVS reinstallation after some break-in?).
If you can do that, do it. In the meantime, I'll beg
the hh.org admins to reinstate my privileges...

>   Kernel 2.6: i am very unhappy with the current 2.4 startup
>   procedure, and find it unreasonable to port it to 2.6.
Well, as long as it works as is, I'm not going to change it.
I find it more urgent to get 2.6 to boot at all.
Or to compile at all, which it doesn't right now.

2.6 seems to have cleaned up and factored out a number of things
we were doing in a clumsy way in 2.4 -- the result is nicer,
but makes porting somewhat painful. And the time I alloted
to hack the kernel is soon over for a few weeks.
Hopefully what I did can serve as a basis for you to hack.

Ô Seigneur, s'il y a un Seigneur, sauvez mon âme, si j'ai une âme.
	-- Ernest Renan, Prière d'un sceptique