VGA output and cpufreq.

Matan Ziv-Av matan@svgalib.org
Sat Jun 26 19:53:21 CEST 2004

On Sat, 26 Jun 2004, Oleg Gusev wrote:

>   the RAM chips are Samsung
>   KM416V4104CS-L5 (4x16 EDO). We had the scanned

OK, I found the DS, and will calculate the optimal registers values.

>   pictures of the motherboard and other parts somewhere,
>   together with the datasheets for all chips. Unfortunately
>   they are too big to put on the sf.net website.

If you can send them to me (to matan@arava.co.il), I will be grateful,
and maybe I can put them on my site.

>  VGA: IMHO, you can't read from the VGA memory.

Not directly, but possible thru the VMCAR+VMCDR. So I will be able to
implement cursor function for fbcon, but programs that read the FB won't
work on sa1101fb.

> USB: I'd like to hear what DMA problems do you have.

I only did the minimum for the usb-ohci driver to be able to read the
ohci registers on the sa1101, so my guess is that there is still a
problem in DMA setup (the memory allocation, address translation, etc.)

Also I noted that there is a GPIO needed in order to activate the VGA. I
found this by booting to linux while the VGA was active, and comparing
the registers. Do you have a program that dumps the register values
while in windows? (to find values that the kernel changes while
initializing).

--
Matan Ziv-Av.                         matan@svgalib.org