kernel26

Francois-Rene Rideau fare@tunes.org
Tue Jun 29 00:39:28 CEST 2004

On Mon, Jun 28, 2004 at 10:25:49PM +0200, Oleg Gusev wrote:
> I have linked the zImage with the 2.4 j820/* hack and the old
> ramdisk.
I have hopefully fixed the build infrastructure (Makefile, etc.)
so that you should be able to build everything as
	make j820-26
(see make targets for details).

However, I indeed get an error while uncompressing the ramdisk.
Worse: when compiling the usual 2.4 j820,
I *also* get an crc error while uncompressing! I'm baffled.
On the build system, uncompressing and mounting the ramdiskimage as a loop
looks quite fine.
I have no idea which change introduced this strange behaviour.
Actually, reverting to a non-compressed ramdiskimage seems to works fine,
so I strongly suspect a bug upstream in the kernel, though it could be
yet another stupid bug in my Makefiles, or something in the toolchain.

>> When is that? Maybe we can meet in Paris? I often go there at week-end...
> 18-24 July. So, 18 or 24 :)
Yup.

Optimiste : « ce verre à moitié plein »
Pessimiste : « il est à moitié vide »
Réaliste : « avant de me prononcer j'aimerais savoir ce qu'il contient »
Ingénieur : « il est deux fois trop gros »