kernel26 initrd

Francois-Rene Rideau fare@tunes.org
Wed Jun 30 01:40:23 CEST 2004

OK, got the initrd working just fine.
Problem was with the decompressor's bss overwriting the initrd.
I modified the Makefile so as to put the bss at 0xc0600000,
just like it was with kernel 2.4.
Now, it works fine and reaches the command-line prompt,
at which point the machine is pretty unusable, without a keyboard driver.

Note that I had to compile-in the dev filesystem;
maybe udev replaces it, but our userland currently depends on dev,
and never having seen udev, I don't know how to handle it.

Cheers!

Be liberal in what you accept and conservative in what you send.
	-- Jon Postel