kernel26 initrd

Francois-Rene Rideau fare@tunes.org
Wed Jun 30 15:58:20 CEST 2004

On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 02:08:00PM +0200, Oleg Gusev wrote:
> udev is replacing uclibc with klibc. suse 9.1 uses udev in
> a production environment.
Looks quite nice. But that's a plan for after our 2.6 port is stable.

>> Oleg calls it SPI, so the file may be input/serio/spi.c
> The communication (serio) goes over Motorola SPI bus.
>> (what does that stand for?
> Google is your friend.
Thanks.

>> PS: on the linux-arm-kernel mailing-list, they say that my setting ZBSSADDR
>> is a kluge, and I should instead be moving the initrd away from the zImage.
> Hehe. Then you will need the normal linux bootloader :)
You betcha. I'll just kluge the j820/init.S a bit more...
At first, I moved the initrd, as suggested by bootp/init.S;
then, I decided that was a wast of precious tens of milliseconds,
and now, I put the initrd *before* the zImage rather than after,
so that the zImage can have plenty of bss wherever it is,
now that it uses -fpic.

>> The
>> problem is that I am not getting any keyboard interrupts, so there is
>> probably a problem with GPIO interrupts.
>
> I have commented out the old irq code in jornada820.c.
> You need to request and enable IRQ0.
Matan: see Documentation/arm/Interrupts
I added
        set_irq_type(GPIO_JORNADA820_KEYBOARD_IRQ, IRQT_FALLING);
before the request_irq(), and it works quite right.
Yippers! I've been typing commands in a 2.6 kernel!
I'll commit that, even though it should eventually be replaced
with a serio thingie that exports a serio for the mouse.

> PS. Sorry guys that i can't help with coding, i'm very busy...
You're already helping tremendously...

So you think you know how to translate French into English? Now what if the
French meant something completely different than what the English understood,
only neither the French, nor the English, could figure out the difference?
		-- Faré