Bugs, bugs, bugs.

Ralf Findeisen rffn@gmx.net
Fri Mar 5 18:20:14 CET 2004

> 2. The pcmcia start script does something very stupid.
> I have removed it from the automatic startup and
> start 'cardmgr' manually. This is the log:
>
> Starting PCMCIA services:/sbin/ifconfig eth0 down
> sa1100_pcmcia_suspend(): suspending socket 0
> sa1100_pcmcia_suspend(): suspending socket 1
> hda: status error: status=0x00 { }
> hda: drive not ready for command
>
> WHY would one want to suspend the disk where you are
> running from ???
> The output of 'cardctl' is also very funny:

Generally, why not. For instance suspend to RAM. The system would put all
discs to sleep. Wakes disc up before accessing it again.
For startup the case is to different of course. Just a bug.
Is the PCMCIA service aware, thtat the system is booting from there? If
using a system with IDE and having hotplug operating the PCMCIA stuff, the
behavior would be ok. Maybe some detection of already active cards is missing.

PS: I didn't cross-check this with the code. This is just from previous exp.

Ralf Findeisen