Back in the game...

Francois-Rene Rideau fare@tunes.org
Tue Mar 23 20:16:04 CET 2004

Dear all,

got my new 32MB german unit from mail today.
I tried to boot Linux, with the following results:

* compiling from CVS (which BTW required a fix to
	include/asm-arm/arch-sa1100/SA-1101.h
 that I committed), hpcboot doesn't boot:
 it remains in WinCE, and last message on console is
	load link 990 zero clear link 0
 I get no "Press Yes to Boot" confirmation window.

* Trying oleg/j820.mcp1 from the web site, I get the penguin,
 and then the screen goes from crisp to a bit blurry (something goes
 wrong while changing SA1101 registers?) as the kernel hangs
 before any message is printed on the console.

* Using george/j820 from the web site, I can boot correctly
 (but then, it still has the old broken keyboard driver).

So, can anyone help me solve this issue?

Toleration is not about respecting other people's ideas.
We have every right to fight ideas we think are stupid.
Toleration is about respecting other people's persons.
We have every duty to respect even persons we think are stupid.
		-- Faré