wince day/month/year.

Oleg Gusev oleg@usm.uni-muenchen.de
Sat May 8 23:51:06 CEST 2004

On Saturday 08 May 2004 12:26 am, Francois-Rene Rideau wrote:

> Ahem. Shouldn't doing it while interrupts are disabled
> kind of avoid inconsistencies?

I'm not sure if wince really uses the RTC register, and not updates
the memory on each clock tick. It is mickeysoft after all.

> Well, if we can restore contrast&backlighting + date settings,
> then we can save the hassle of having to remove backup batteries,
> so it's good.

Contrast/brightness are easy. Date is more difficult, if possible at all.
How do you know when wince will be able to take over and update
the date. We have a lot of other things to restore: IPRs, DBAR1/2,
DMA channels, etc. I'm not talking about the page tables. It's easier
just to dump the first megabyte of RAM and then to restore it
(the time is lost anyway). At this stage we can save and restore the user data
in RAM or how it is called in ms-speak.
I know a better solution to this problem. Implement the suspend code
in linux and consider wince a weird bootloader put on this machine
by ms and their lackeys, that will be only seen as "batteries dead" sign :)

 Oleg.