wince day/month/year.

Francois-Rene Rideau fare@tunes.org
Sun May 9 00:23:09 CEST 2004

On Sat, May 08, 2004 at 11:51:06PM +0200, Oleg Gusev wrote:
> Contrast/brightness are easy. Date is more difficult, if possible at all.
Even if we have to lose or gain a few seconds (preferrably gain) at each
OS change, and even miss some carry, it's much better than resetting to epoch.

> We have a lot of other things to restore: IPRs, DBAR1/2,
Oh, even if we don't restore things and just let WinCE reboot from scratch,
restoring contrast/brightness means we don't have to remove the backup
batteries and/or spend extra time in WinCE menus at each reboot.

> I know a better solution to this problem. Implement the suspend code
> in linux
OR, implement the "bootstrap to a new zImage" in Linux (rather, steal it
from an existing Linux-as-bootloader project), and implement a
"WinCE restorer" pseudo-zImage.

Nothing takes the taste out of peanut butter quite like unrequited love.
	-- Charlie Brown