help needed

Francois-Rene Rideau fare@tunes.org
Sun May 9 01:47:39 CEST 2004

On Sun, May 09, 2004 at 01:18:59AM +0200, Oleg Gusev wrote:
>> That would probably mean download the whole toolchain.
>> Is that what you want?
> Yes. Everything that saves time and requires only to type
> 'make' is good.
OK. So unless someone objects, I'll add some uclibc toolchain setup
to our make scripts later this month.
I'll probably also remove all kernel files but the ones we touched from CVS,
and add scripts for merging our tree with a "base" tree from another source.

>> Did I mention that I was a Unix-Hater?
> Well, i began with the glorious DEC and apple][.
I began with the Apple ][, but no DEC.
Recently, I've picked up the glorious Lisp Machines, though
-- great descendants from a DEC 1/6/10 starting point.

> unix came later. i must say that unix and X are the best things i've ever
> seen.
Uh? Actually, X sucks terribly, and Unix is Hell.

> Assembler is fine, C is for real tasks, c++ is for
> writing gui apps to keep the bosses happy, and the shell scripts
> are the road to hell! Are you surprised that i like to hack the kernel ?
Well, in a good system, LISP can replace everything from Assembler
(Lisp assembly programming :) ) to lower-level stuff to higher-level stuff
to really high-level stuff.

Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence.
		-- H. L. Mencken