Jornada list administration

Tim Roberts timr@probo.com
Wed Apr 20 18:05:59 CEST 2005

Alessandro Rubini wrote:

>>How much administrative control do we have over this mailing list?
>>Specifically, is there a way to configure the list to add some kind of
>>decoration to the subject line, like [jornada820]?
>>

>We can do that, if needed. Most lists do not do that, because there
>are other headers that can be used to filter them.

I don't believe that.  I'm a member of 20 mailing lists, and this one
and the XFree86 developer's list are the only ones that do not
[self-identify].

>In this case we have

Sure, that works if I set up a separate folder specifically for this
list, but it's more convenient to lump all of the "low volume" lists
together in one box.  In that case, scanning the subject line is the
only way to categorize them.

I'm just a lurker, so if I'm the only one who complains, we shouldn't
change it on my account.  I had hoped there would be a flock of "me
toos" to my suggestion.

--
- Tim Roberts, timr@probo.com
  Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.