succes!

Faré fahree@gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 17:06:58 CET 2005

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 11:49:10 +0100, Oleg Gusev
<oleg@crista.uni-wuppertal.de> wrote:
> What we _really_ need is the 2x35 Molex connector, i have uploaded the
> specs to the website. Everything else can be disassembled, reverse engineered,
> etc.

On the main jornada list, they tell of the molex connector used in the j720:
> the molex
> connectors part number 55299-1408 used in the jornada are going to be
> manufactured again as lead free parts and the equivalent part number is now
> 55299-1478 (the 140 pin board to board connector lead free).

Also, would j720 flashboards be compatible with the j820? That would
mean that we could get rid of wince altogether...

Finally, I have a dead j820 (bad contact somewhere), so if anyone is
interested in fixing it or getting parts (e.g. the RAM), well, tell
me.

PS: I can send pictures of the RAM board if needed. I can even send
the board itself, if returned afterwards.

PPS: I'm quite happy using the machine with debian, though I haven't
got X working yet. Can those who got it working send a set of working
configuration files?

"I object to doing things that computers can do."
        -- Olin Shivers