succes!

Armijn Hemel armijn@uulug.nl
Mon Feb 28 18:16:37 CET 2005

On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 06:06:14PM +0100, Oleg Gusev wrote:

> > Well, specifications would be nice :)
> >

>  Armijn,
>  there are three things we don't know about the machine
>  and given the HP "information support" with j7xx and j56x it is
>  very unprobable that they ever will or can tell us about them.

It was therefor meant as a joke ;-)

>  The unknown things are:
>   1.  entering and leaving the sleep mode on the keyboard controller.
>         If wince supports it, we will find it out.
>   2.  1200bps battery status datastream. Again, all what wince picks out
>         from it can be recovered.
>   3. We don't know how to monitor the backup battery.
>   4. We don't know the modem base address on the j820 US model.
>        Can be recovered from wince too, but since i have only the
>       (working) j820e, i can't really test it.

I only have US models (which, strangely enough, came with UK
poweradapters, phone adapters and everything). This includes my broken
Jornada. If it is just the ROM you need I could send it. It doesn't matter
if it breaks, because the machine itself is already broken (not sure
why though, the battery still works in another Jornada).

armijn