Which X for the jornada?

Faré fahree@gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 02:02:49 CEST 2005

XFree86 has two different keyboard drivers, "Keyboard" and "kbd".

With "Keyboard", everything works fine *except* for the Escape key not
working at all (xev shows nothing).

With "kbd", Escape behaves in a weird way (xev shows a keycode 224
Keypress event when I release the key, no event whatsoever when I
press it), and several keys don't work with control anymore: I O K L.

More promising is the idea of using kbd_mode -k (is there a way to
specify that in the configuration?) with a modified PC keymap...

They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the
Wright brothers.  But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown.
                -- Carl Sagan