usb status

Faré fahree@gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 09:14:41 CEST 2005

Now that X11 works (though with many configuration headaches; I'll
post my configuration when it's stable or upon request), I've tried to
get Matan's USB patch to work.

I had done stupid things while trying to merge Matan's patch. I had
hosed the readl/writel macros, but they are back and working (looks
like). Now, the module will work correctly, and even detect that some
device was connected. However, they will not work, and the process
will leave the machine unstable. Maybe I hosed something similar
regarding the dma, or something. When trying to plug one of my usb
storage devices (the only device I have available to test), I get the
following sequence of errors:

hub.c: new USB device <NULL>-1, assigned address 5
usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
usb-ohci.c: unlink URB timeout
usb.c: USB device not accepting new address=5 (error=-110)
hub.c: new USB device <NULL>-1, assigned address 6
usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
usb-ohci.c: unlink URB timeout
usb.c: USB device not accepting new address=6 (error=-110)

etc., from 1 to n, until I unplug the device. The NULL here looks
wrong, and might lead us to the cause of that.

Everything is committed on CVS, including some keymap tweaking
(backport of the symbolic keymap of 2.6, plus SysRq and Power instead
of F11 and F12 -- note that I changed from Suspend to Power; I hope
that's OK with you).

PS: regarding DMA, should I now be able to remove the mm/init.c hack
for 0xc005c800 ?

Why is there only one Monopolies Commission?
        -- Lord Sutch