installation instructions...colors in X

Stanley Kardach kardaszon@poczta.onet.pl
Sat Mar 5 13:13:12 CET 2005

On Sat,  5 Mar 2005 12:00:23 +0100 (CET),
<jornada820-request@lists.linux.it> wrote:

> However, the xserver ends up with weird colors --
> everything that should be white is blue -- anybody
> have a fix for this?

I've found a workaround for this effect. Just run mc and startx from it.
Then you will have correct colors, but i think that this problem should be
solved in some other way. I've tried putting "DirectColors" "TrueColors"
into Device section of X config file, but no use. The problem lies in
interpreting colors, but I'm not sure what diference mc does. Mayby
someone smarter will tell. Oleg?

One more thing. We should make new rootfs image. Old Oleg's image is buggy
and if you add zaurus image to it, it becomes a real chaos. Have someone
tried making rootfs under qemu?

Stan