what apps?

Stanisław Kardach kardaszon@poczta.onet.pl
Sun Mar 27 20:05:03 CEST 2005

i'm trying to prepare a small and complete distro for j820, to make it
most usefull. Right now i have 256Mb CF, and I'm using Pocket Workstation
0.17 with installed tinyx-fbdev. My question is, what set of application
should our distro contain, to be most usefull? I've tried to install some
GPE packages from debian repository, but I get no text in applications (I
get errors about not supported convertion from UTF-8 to ISO. I've searched
through GPE forums and found that it can be the libpango issue,but the
solution, that was given there, didn't work). Also a list of working  and
tuned applications would be good idea.

Stanley Kardach

PS.
I can't get my 3com 3C589D card working. When I start network interfaces
the go up with no problem, but the HWaddress of the pcmcia looks
suspicious: 00:00:00:00:00 (i may be missing some zeros :) when i try to
ping something i get error from PCMCIA watchdog about eth0 send timeout.
any ideas what's going on? the working internet connection would speed
things up.