what apps?

Stanley Kardach kardaszon@poczta.onet.pl
Tue Mar 29 10:14:42 CEST 2005

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 03:29:48 +0200, Faré <fahree@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 20:05:03 +0200, Stanisław Kardach
> <kardaszon@poczta.onet.pl> wrote:
>> i'm trying to prepare a small and complete distro for j820, to make it
>> most usefull. Right now i have 256Mb CF, and I'm using Pocket
>> Workstation
>> 0.17 with installed tinyx-fbdev.
> Great! Be sure to tell about it in the Wiki and/or on the main site.
ok i can do it, but my instalation is a big workaround. Because I didn't
wanted to loose some precious MB on xclients i respawn Xserver on tty3
(just modyfied entry in inittab).

>> My question is, what set of application
>> should our distro contain, to be most usefull?
> I'd say it should include a web browser. I use w3m. Maybe you can fit
> konqueror from opie?
if I don't run into "out of memory" problems then I think it's possible :)

>> I've tried to install some GPE packages from debian repository,
> I'm told GPE is mostly useless at this time and you should try Opie
> instead.

Well I like GTK theme, so that's why i tried. I've tried to run
freeciv-client-gtk, and it doesn't display fonts either. So I think it's
some libpango issue. Now I remember i've had similiar problems on my PC.
I'll try to fix it.

Stan