unhh branch

Faré fahree@gmail.com
Sun May 1 01:29:07 CEST 2005

Dear jornada820 hackers,

sorry for too much traffic at once. I guess you should subscribe to
the daily digest if you don't want to delete each message.

According to ksymoops, the kernel null pointer dereference (actually
dereference of 0x100 as an octet) is happening in static function
do_io_probe from drivers/pcmcia/rsrc_mgr.c, right after an
increment-by-8-and-check that only branches backwards. I guess
somewhere I'm feeding the pcmcia system an offset to a sa1101 register
instead of the address of said register. Can a kernel hacker have a
look? The code is in cvs branch unhh...

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases :
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops
moving, subsidize it. -- Ronald Reagan (1986)