Jornada820 Digest, Vol 19, Issue 6

Stanley Kardach kardaszon@poczta.onet.pl
Tue May 10 18:17:31 CEST 2005

i did a little workaround for colors in X. I just run X server with
inittab. My getty invocations look like that:
1:2345:respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 tty0
2:23:respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 tty2
3:23:respawn:/usr/bin/X11/Xfbdev

just change the ttyX with ones that you use (fe. vc/0 or something like
that)

After this i have X server running in the background but it keeps
respawning, so if you want to work only in console you'll have to turn
this off (or i'm missing something). on the other hand there are no
problems with colors :)

Stanley