more j820 hacking, not many fruits

Faré fahree@gmail.com
Sat May 14 16:34:39 CEST 2005

Dear j820 hackers,

I was sick of wasting time on the moribund 2.4 kernel, so I did the
stubborn job of getting the j820-26 to compile with upstream kernel
2.6.11.9 in the unhh branch. But I must have done something very wrong
early on, because I die before I get to the fb console. I gotta find
my serial cable before I may do more.

NB: beware that the 2.4 kernel in the unhh branch has non-working
pcmcia, so you'll want separate checkout directories for unhh and
HEAD. Google for "cvs branches" for help, or read my previous emails.

Having good original ideas is no excuse for not knowing good established ideas.
Your supra-fast turbo engine won't be much good when attached to square wheels.