more j820 hacking, not many fruits

Faré fahree@gmail.com
Sun May 15 03:36:30 CEST 2005

Dear Matan

> As I wrote already - I got 2.6.7 to work (including some patches from
> hh/your cvs). The patch relative to clean 2.6.7 is not huge:
> http://www.arava.co.il/matan/jornada820/2.6.7-my4.gz
Yes, I saw this one.

> I could not get any later kernel to boot, even to the stage that it
> gives me something on the serial port.
> Recently, I tried debugging this issue (by changing printk to write
> directly to the serial port), and it seems that the problem appears to
> be with MMU initializing.
OK. I will dig into this issue. Did you try and fail with 2.6.8? Then
we may trace the problem to some modification between 2.6.7 and 2.6.8.

> The CVS does not appear to build. After downloading 2.6.11 and appplying
> 2.6.11.9 pathc, the compile fails with [...]
Did you use the unhh CVS branch? I didn't merge this stuff into the hh
HEAD kernel26 tree...
  mv bootimage bootimage-HEAD
  cvs -d :ext:matan@cvs.sf.net:/cvsroot/jornada820 checkout -r unhh bootimage
  mv bootimage bootimage-unhh