[LTP] Query related to LTP test suite run

Cyril Hrubis chrubis@suse.cz
Tue Sep 15 10:06:48 CEST 2015

Hi!
> As I known, inotify06 would make some system crash caused by a known
> kernel bug and the bug has been fixed, you can see this url:
> https://github.com/torvalds/linux/commit/8f2f3eb59dff4ec538de55f2e0592fec85966aab
>
> If the issue is inotify06, I suggest that you should remove it before
> using runltp script.
> You can just do like:
> rm -rf <path_to_install_ltp>/testcases/bin/inotify06

Right, the inotify06 may crash the kernel if the kernel wasn't fixed.
Even better than removing the binary is to remove the line from the
/opt/ltp/runtest/syscalls file for your testing until you kernel
contains the fix.