[LTP] test_net.sh: Require to redefine less variables

Alexey Kodanev alexey.kodanev@oracle.com
Mon Feb 20 11:31:00 CET 2017

On 17.02.2017 2:06, Petr Vorel wrote:
> Hi Alexey,
>
> I wonder, if we could reduce number of variables required user to define, if uses ssh
> as transport in testcases/lib/test_net.sh and he's not happy with default ones.
>
> IMHO at least {L,R}HOST_IPV{4,6}_REV, IPV{4,6}_NET_REV could be calculated.
>
> We also expect mask 24 (resp 64), is there a reason for it?I wonder if it wouldn't be
> better using client and host addresses with prefix as input and calculating even more
> variables from them: IPV{4,6}_NETWORK, {L,R}HOST_IPV{4,6}_HOST, IPV{4,6}_NET_REV,
> IPV{4,6}_NET_REV.
Hi Petr,

That would be a nice feature to have of cause, regarding this variables:

IPV{4,6}_NETWORK
{L,R}HOST_IPV{4,6}_HOST

and afaik they only used in test_net.sh to make up host addresses, so we can easily get rid of them and use only two variables with non-default subnets (optional).

Thanks,
Alexey