[LTP] test_net.sh: Require to redefine less variables

Petr Vorel pvorel@suse.cz
Tue Feb 21 09:05:20 CET 2017

Hi Alexey,

> That would be a nice feature to have of cause, regarding this variables:

> IPV{4,6}_NETWORK
> {L,R}HOST_IPV{4,6}_HOST

> and afaik they only used in test_net.sh to make up host addresses, so we can easily get rid of them and use only two variables with non-default subnets (optional).
{L,R}HOST_IPV4_HOST, IPV{4,6}_NETWORK and IPV{4,6}_NET_REV and are needed at least in testcases/network/stress/dns/dns-stress and testcases/network/stress/interface/if4-addr-change. So we'd need to calculate them from address.

Obviously IPV{4,6}_NET_REV are used only in dns-stress test only. A lot of scripts in
network stress tests pass other variables from test_net.sh to set_ipv4addr, add_ipv6addr,
check_icmpv{4,6}_connectivity, ns-icmpv6_sender and probably some other tests mentioned in
testcases/network/stress/ns-tools/00_Descriptions.txt.

So I'd keep all of these variables, just to calculate these with shell script or C binary:
IPV{4,6}_NETWORK
{L,R}HOST_IPV{4,6}_HOST
IPV{4,6}_NET_REV

Kind regards,