[LTP] recvmmsg(2) system call tests

Cyril Hrubis chrubis@suse.cz
Mon Nov 5 10:40:06 CET 2018

Hi!
> Can you help me understand why you don't want to allow this test case to
> make use of the C99 programming language?
>
> It is only a 19 year old standard.
>
> If there is a problem with C99 use, can you indicate that the problem is?

What I'm trying to say is:

* Reasonable recent compilers support c99 features without -c99
  explicitelly passed on command line

* It's a very bad idea to hardcode switches in random leaf Makefiles
  as from maintenance point of view this is real disaster

If we ever want to stick to some C standard it has to be a top level
decision, but honestly I do prefer the compiler defaults.