[LTP] uclinux support?

Petr Vorel pvorel@suse.cz
Tue Nov 13 09:56:15 CET 2018

Hi,

> > > uClinux support in LTP has been broken for years and nobody seemed to
> > > really care. I even tried to ask if there is someone interesting in
> > > running LTP on uClinux on the uClinux mailing list but it seems that
> > > even the list is basically dead at this point. So for a last year or so
> > > we are slowly getting rid of the uClinux specific bits from the codebase
> > > in order to simplify the LTP maintenance. You are free to step up and
> > > restore uClinux support in LTP if you have time for that but unless that
> > > happens we will continue to stage it out.

> > OK understood, I was right to ask :)

> > I'd like to roll back to a point where it was mostly working, any idea
> > when that would be?

> > I've looked at the history, and tried several commits that seemed to
> > remove uclinux support,
> > but I'm still facing similar errors (I'm now back to 2011....)

> Actually I have no idea. But generally the further back you go the more
> unstable the whole LTP gets. I'm pretty sure you will not be able to
> even compile 10 years old LTP regardless the uClinux enabled or not.

> Looking at the commit logs it looks like last time anything has been
> fixed for uClinux was 2009.

> > A point were a subset worked would be nice, I'd like to run tests
> > involving unwinding and signals.

> You may be better off taking an LTP from 2016 before we added the new
> LTP test library which is about the time we started to remove uClinux
> support, i.e. before commit:

> commit bbdb9f78378c7e038f463efa39d2470e1c51ad54
> Author: Cyril Hrubis <chrubis@suse.cz>
> Date:   Wed Mar 16 15:53:57 2016 +0100

>     lib: Add new test library API

> And disable tests until it compiles.

FYI LTP compiles under uclibc-ng. Buildroot distribution (which uses glibc,
uclibc-ng and musl) disabled it just for musl [1]. It's tested with their
autobuild service [2] and currently no build reports are for latest release [3].
IMHO it shouldn't be difficult to support musl as well.

[1] https://git.busybox.net/buildroot/tree/package/ltp-testsuite/Config.in
[2] https://buildroot.org/downloads/manual/manual.html#_analyzing_and_fixing_autobuild_failures
[3] http://autobuild.buildroot.net/stats/