[LTP] hugemmap01 warnings with -i [was Re: LTP compilation broken with -fno-common]

Petr Vorel pvorel@suse.cz
Wed Apr 15 12:19:55 CEST 2020

Hi Li,

> After building LTP with CFLAGS="-fno-common" locally, I just find more
> places that need to do the same improvement.

>     ltp/testcases/kernel/controllers/libcontrollers/libcontrollers.h:56:
> multiple definition of `num_line'
>     ltp/lib/../include/tst_hugepage.h:16: multiple definition of `Hopt'

> Sorry for involving the definition in tst_hugetlb.h without 'extern' issue
> many hours ago. It'd be appreciated if you can fix them together in your
> coming patch.
BTW that's a fix 156f91396 ("hugetlb: move nr_opt to tst_hugepage.h")

I haven't checked whether -i worked without warning before, but not it
produces it:

./hugemmap01  -s 2 -i 2
tst_hugepage.c:48: INFO: 2 hugepage(s) reserved
tst_test.c:1244: INFO: Timeout per run is 0h 05m 00s
hugemmap01.c:61: PASS: call succeeded
hugemmap01.c:61: PASS: call succeeded
hugemmap01.c:69: WARN: Number of HUGEPAGES_FREE stayed the same. Okay if multiple copies running due to test collision.

Kind regards,
Petr