[LTP] [PATCh v2] clock_gettime04: print more info to help debugging

Li Wang liwang@redhat.com
Wed Mar 10 13:12:32 CET 2021

Hi Petr,

Petr Vorel <pvorel@suse.cz> wrote:

> > I think it would be worth keeping it simple then and just print all
> > variants only once from setup(). Leave the special case of REALTIME
> > clock.
> +1.
>
> From a long term, I'd like some easy solution when printing would be
> handled in
> the library. Some time ago I posted a patch which turned .test_variants
> from int
> into array of string description [1]. Cyril didn't see much value at it and

I look back at patch[1], IMHO, splitting the test variant struct is not a
good idea.
I'd rather go print variants[i].desc in the library directly but not split
it to make
struct here and there :).

> didn't like that it introduced more ifdefs (together with Viresh).
> But now we have docparse, could we reconsider this approach? Maybe we
> could keep
> .test_variants and introduce .test_variants_desc for tests which are
> simple enough.
> Or, maybe there is a cleaner solution for clock_adjtime0* tests which I
> don't
> see.

Maybe there is.  We can have more time to thinking/discussing this.

So, would you mind if I merge this V2 patch first?

(Since we're encountering a sporadical(we can't reproduce it manually)
failure. Hope this can print more useful info to locate the issue.)

--
Regards,
Li Wang