[LTP] Question about log format.

Cyril Hrubis chrubis@suse.cz
Mon Dec 12 10:10:17 CET 2022

Hi!
> I'm trying to do a concise parsing of the LTP report.
>
> I don't have much experience and I'm not familiar with LTP, so I'm going to
> take #math as an example, for it is not complex.
>
> Run test command:
>
> ./ltp –f math –q
>
> I have three questions now,  taking the one-line output result below as an
> example:
>
> float_iperb 1 TPASS: Test passed
>
> 1, It is clear that TPASS means it passed, but what is the number 1
> standing for.
>
> 2, Why this line showed up twice? ( PS: Between these two lines are many
> TINFO.)

The math tests are prime example how not to write tests. Please do not
take them as an example of anything else. Usually the most clean and up
to date tests are in syscalls/ directory.

> 3, Where to check those out put standards, taking yocto package test as a
> small comprehension, that standard was ( PASS|FAIL|SKIP): Test info. How is
> it like in LTP?

Generally tests in LTP can have more than one result so you can't really
map a test result to a single value. It's common for a test to report
several TPASS and one or two TCONF for example. That means that most of
the test was executed but small part was skipped.

The TINFO messages are additional information that may be useful when
test fail, nothing more.

The overall result is reported in the test exit value as bitflags, which
is what is used by the runltp script to produce the result files.

And by the way, we are working on replacement for the runltp script
which is called runltp-ng, maybe you should have a look at that before
you try to write your own solution.