[LTP] September LTP release

Petr Vorel pvorel@suse.cz
Fri Sep 9 16:36:45 CEST 2022

Hi all,

[ Cc automated-testing ML ]

> Hi!
> > Maye split this work into pieces? something like:
> >     - announcement email,
> >     - collecting patch lists for a new release,
> >     - writing release notes, or paperwork,
> >     - uploading tarballs
> >     - pre-testing against different Linux distribution

> > You can still send the announcement email, and other volunteers do the rest.
> > (if applicable, I can take patch reviews or upload tarballs work)

> I guess that would work too, as long as we have volunteers.
I could do part of work as well. I volunteer to upload the tarballs.
I also try to help with reviewing and testing pre release fixes.
I usually do network tests changelog, which is tiny part of whole changelog.

I try to do at least some of runtime tests on SLES and Tumbleweed, I suppose
Martin helps with it as usually. Obviously more people should do pre-release
testing.

And in my non work time build testing on Buildroot (finds various build problems
on other libc and generally the embedded world).

> > Btw, I'll also cover the full pre-test against the RHEL series before
> > release.

> > > And in order not to delay things further, please start pointing out
> > > patches that should go in before the release. I guess Martin runtime
> > > fixes should go in. Anything else?

> > The "Track minimal size per filesystem" from Petr should be included as
> > well.
> > (I guess it is still WIP)
Yes, it's still in WIP.  I'll finish the "Track minimal size per filesystem"
patchset after merging $TST_ALL_FILESYSTEMS.

I'd really prefer to get reviewed and merged "v5 shell: df01.sh:
$TST_ALL_FILESYSTEMS (.all_filesystems)" [1] [2]. Martin has suggested for v4 to
use 2 different enums (TST_FS_UNAVAILABLE and TST_FS_UNSUPPORTED instead of
TST_FS_UNSUPPORTED) [3]. I'm willing to implement that in Monday if are others
ok and hope this is the last change and whole thing can be merged.

> Ah, right, we have to do something about xfs, I guess that if we do not
> manage until the release a minimal fix would be to increase the minimal
> device size.

I don't mind to merge "Fix mkfs.xfs 300MB min size requirement (v5.19.0)" [4]
[5] as a temporary fix before release.

Kind regards,
Petr

[1] https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/ltp/list/?series=317639