Updating Italian libc translation for ESTALE in glibc

Carlos O'Donell carlos@redhat.com
Ven 14 Apr 2023 19:48:26 CEST

Dear Italian Translators,

I was recently reviewing Italian translations for error cases,
in particularly the translation of the error string for the
error number ESTALE.

The translation for ESTALE appears to be out of date and I would
like to get that updated. Error numbers are important things to
translate.

I have an Italian translation for ESTALE that could be used.
How can I help with that?

The current POT file has:
~~~
#. TRANS This indicates an internal confusion in the
#. TRANS file system which is due to file system rearrangements on the server host
#. TRANS for NFS file systems or corruption in other file systems.
#. TRANS Repairing this condition usually requires unmounting, possibly repairing
#. TRANS and remounting the file system.
#: sysdeps/gnu/errlist.h:471
msgid "Stale file handle"
msgstr ""
~~~

The current PO file is here for glibc 2.37 released 2023-02-01:
https://translationproject.org/PO-files/it/libc-2.36.9000.it.po
~~~
#. TRANS This indicates an internal confusion in the
#. TRANS file system which is due to file system rearrangements on the server host
#. TRANS for NFS file systems or corruption in other file systems.
#. TRANS Repairing this condition usually requires unmounting, possibly repairing
#. TRANS and remounting the file system.
#: sysdeps/gnu/errlist.h:471
#, fuzzy
#| msgid "Stale NFS file handle"
msgid "Stale file handle"
msgstr "Gestione del file NFS interrotta"
~~~

We had a downstream translation in RHEL6 and RHEL7 for this:
~~~
msgstr "Gestione file obsoleti"
~~~

How can I help get the ESTALE translation updated for libc?

Thank you very much for your help.

--
Cheers,
Carlos.