Sharing the data

Giancarlo Macchi macchi@unisi.it
Wed Jun 21 09:50:47 CEST 2006

Dear Friends,
I just want to ask you some thing related with the topic of
data sharing.

In this moment I'm finishing an Landscape Archaeology article
where I made some assumptions on the basis of point distribution
maps. As Roberto correctly stated in one of his previous posts
the data "should be available" to the reader in order to validate
or refute my assumptions.

So the question is very simple: is there a secure place to
publish such files. I mean, even if my lab today run a web server
and other services, I don't know if 20 years from now there will
be an archaeology department, I will be still an archaeologist,
the University of Siena will be interested on keeping my old
files in some server etc etc etc.

Do you know about the existence of institutions and repositories
for such purposes?

Thank you in advance,

  Giancarlo