[Fwd: [crm-sig] ISO21127]

Stefano Costa steko@iosa.it
Thu Oct 12 11:42:11 CEST 2006

Just yesterday we were talking about standards. Here is a message from
the crm-sig mailing list.

IMHO, however, CRM in general has little or nothing to do with a
scientific approach. CIDOC is a general model that has been projected to
fit a wide range of cultural contexts. I have no experience of its
application to archaeological *research* projects (I mean - not CRM).

Maybe others have something more to say about this.

Best regards,

Stefano

------- Messaggio inoltrato -------
Da: martin <martin@ics.forth.gr>
A: crm-sig <crm-sig@ics.forth.gr>, frbr-crm <frbr-crm@ics.forth.gr>,
cidoc-members@smartgroups.com
Oggetto: [crm-sig] ISO21127
Data: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 18:47:27 +0300

Dear All,

Nicholas Crofts just informed me, that the CIDOC CRM has been finally
accepted as ISO21127 on Sept 12 2006.

ISO 21127 can be ordered from the following page:

http://www.iso.org/iso/en/CatalogueDetailPage.CatalogueDetail?CSNUMBER=34424&scopelist=PROGRAMME

(If you type ISO 21127 into google it comes out top of the list!)

I thank you all for the collaboration on this important work, and
hope that the standard will have a significant impact on the semantic
integration of our resources and our knowledge about the past.

Best wishes,

Martin
--
Stefano Costa