[FaSoLi] Fwd: [Ltsp-discuss] youtube with mplayer plugin -- sound works!

Marco Bertorello marco@bertorello.ns0.it
Mer 8 Lug 2009 17:32:48 CEST

Interessante!

sarebbe anche carico capire se il filmato si presenta pił fluido di
quello attuale...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Rob Owens <rowens@ptd.net>
Date: 2009/7/8
Subject: [Ltsp-discuss] youtube with mplayer plugin -- sound works!
To: ltsp-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net

I came across a thread about how to watch youtube videos with mplayer
instead of Adobe's flash player.  One option is to download the video and
watch it with the standalone player, but there's a cooler way:

Install the greasemonkey extension for firefox/iceweasel, and then install
the HQTube script.  http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/24999

I tried it and it works nicely.  On my system, the videos are shown with
the totem plugin.  I'm not sure how to specify to use mplayer instead, so I
uninstalled totem temporarily and the mplayer plugin took over.  Both
plugins worked well, with less cpu usage than Adobe's flash player.

I tried this on an LTSP thin client, and on a standalone machine.  The
standalone machine was a P3 700MHz laptop that would not play a youtube
video with the flash plugin.  It played using the mplayer plugin just fine,
at about 40% cpu usage.

Anyway, I'm gonna experiment some more with it.  I figured some folks on
this list might be interested, considering that I periodically hear complaints
about flash audio not working on thin clients.

-Rob