upgrade archeos 3.0

luca luca.bezzi@arc-team.com
Wed Dec 1 12:01:31 CET 2010

Hi Marcus,
actually we are working on ArcheOS 4. We hope to release an alpha
version soon. It will be the official ArcheOS, with a lot of new things
(repositories to update software, software for SfM adn IBM, etcc...).
ArcheOS 4will be based on Debian. If you have a little bit of time, you
can wait for this releas (it should work also on newest hardware). If
not, you can update the ubuntu system of your archeos 3. The only
problem probably it will be the archaological menu (that probably will
be no more avalaible), but, if you know how to start the archaeological
software, this should be not a problem. All the software should work
also on ubuntu 10.

There will be a third way, but we never tested it:
Fabrizio Furnari, wrote a metapackage that should be able to change a
normal Debian system into ArcheOS 4. It is possible that the Metapackage
works also on Ubuntu (based on Debian), but we never tested it till now.
If you have to install Ubuntu 10 on a new hardware (without the risk to
loose data) you could test this way (and maybe send us a feedback :)).

If you need info for enything, just write back in the mailing list or
contact directly Fabrizio.

Ciao.