RTI news

Luca Bezzi luca.bezzi@arc-team.com
Thu May 22 09:40:08 CEST 2014

Hi all,
I have some news regarding RTI techniques:

1) In this post
(http://arc-team-open-research.blogspot.it/2014/05/webrtiviewer.html) I
experimented some software written by Gianpaolo Palma of the Visual
Computing Lab (CNR-ISTI, Pisa). Giampaolo released the web application
already in GPL 3 and told me that he would have released the software
necessary to prepare the RTI image for the webapplication ASAP with GPL
3. Now he sent me the source code (it needs QT), so we could package
both (web application and "RTImaker" for ArcheOS 5). Just some question
about it: shall we do a public repository on github for the package,
like always (in that case I can upload the sourcecode with the license
of Gianpaolo and CNR-IST VCL); what shall we do with the web
application? Can we package it as well? I think it would be nice to have
it inside ArcheOS (also with a small sample data).

2) Dr. Mohammed Tarek Elfarargy (Head of VISTA Unit, International
School of Information Science - ISIS -, Bibliotheca Alexandrina) kindly
sent me their version (not yet publicly released) of RTIViewer
(RTIViewerBibalex). I plan to test it as soon as possible and give them
feedbacks for further development. Dr. Elfarargy wrote me also that they
would like that we insert their software in ArcheOS. Their version of
RTIViewer has the option to extract a 3D from an RTI image.

Any help in experiments and packaging is appreciated :)