[ArcheOS] GIS software Kosmo

luca luca.bezzi@arc-team.com
Mar 2 Ott 2012 22:58:13 CEST

Hi Denis,
Kosmo should be a fork of OpenJUMP (or of JUMP) and the extension of
Kosmo should work also for OpenJUMP (and all the other JUMP forks), but
it would be better to check. I tried it a couple of years ago, but it
was too similar to OpenJUMP, so I did not go on with other test (maybe
now something is changed).
Regarding gvSIG, I think we should keep it in ArcheOS next release: I
did some test with its 3D extension (not yet in ArcheOS) and I have to
say that looks really great for many reaons (e.g. the possibility to
import obj files, which means that we can import in the GIS both modeled
and documented 3D). Here are some links reporting the test I did with
gvSIG 3D. What do you think about it?

http://arc-team-open-research.blogspot.it/2012/02/gvsig-3d.html

http://arc-team-open-research.blogspot.it/2012/03/gvsig-3d-with-sfm-data.html

http://arc-team-open-research.blogspot.it/2012/03/4d-gis.html