[ArcheOS] arm archeOS

Nicola Schiavottiello nic@imagoculturae.com
Lun 17 Giu 2013 11:45:59 CEST

Hi RomainThat is exactly what I would like to do.
Raspberry Pi would be an excellent solution for school formation and on field testing.
I hope that the arm architecture for ArceOS will arrive soon.
The other solution would be to find a device like RP but with i386
I saw a few around but not as cheap as RP
Ok keep in touch
Nic

From: "Romain Janvier" romain.janvier@hotmail.fr
To: "Nicola Schiavottiello" nic@imagoculturae.com
Cc: archeos-dev@lists.linux.it, archeos@lists.linux.it
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 22:49:19 +0200
Subject: Re: [ArcheOS] arm archeOS

    > Hello Nicola,>
      Answers in the body of the mail : >

      Le 06/06/13 15:56, Nicola Schiavottiello a écrit :>

          > Dear
                all,
                have few question regarding ArcheOS 5(Theodoric)
          > - is
                it out yet?

    No, it's not.>

          > - If
                so how do I upgrade form Caesar? Without re-installing
                from scratch?

    Fresh install is always the best way to go...>

          > - Is
                it also for arm architecture or only for i386?

    Theodoric targets i386 AND amd64 architectures. Actually, I don't
    know anything about the state of the Debian arm port  and about the
    black magic you need to use to compile for arm architectures. Maybe,
    if I have some time and money to spend I will try to buy and test a
    raspberry pi...>

          > Many
                thanks
          > Nic