[Barcode] Web Frontend

dani@enpl.es dani@enpl.es
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 18:44:54 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 6 Feb 2001, Alessandro Rubini wrote:

> Thanks Dani. It's interesting. I'd like to include it in contrib/ (to be
> created) but I see a few problems.
>
> 	- there's no copyright note and no license at all

   Well, I sent it to the list just like a funny "curiosity" that's been
useful to me and would be useful to others. GPL is the place where the
script should live I guess.

> 	- there's no templace of html form to drive it.

  Sorry, I don't understand that. I'm pretty lamer in HTML afairs, and all
CGI's I've written look like this. What do you mean with the html form? Do
you mean the Web page doen't contain instructioins for the user?

> 	- not a line of documentation (where to put it, etc).
>
> If you fix these , I'll include it (as for spanish, I wouldn't like
> you to remove spanish, just add english as default choice).

   Yep it's easy. I'll modify the thing, make it (a bit) more secure,
add comments, and translate it to English. It's the least I can do.

> As for the
> html form, I may be wrong (I am not a web expert at all), but this
> demonstrates how the lack of documentation is an issue.

  Yes..  Tell me more about the html form problem. Meanwhile I'll build
a "deliverable" version :)

  See you,

---
Dani Pardo, dani@enpl.es