[barcode] Solaris9, build fails -> patch offered.

Alessandro Rubini rubini@ar.linux.it
Mon Apr 5 21:56:02 CEST 2004

[I'm replying to all three in one message]

> http://www.vectorsite.net/tsawk3.html#m4
> would seem to suggest that gsub is not valid in awk, only nawk...

I committed a change and now it works with no differences with
all of nawk mawk gawk and original-awk (as of debian woody).

> gawk: doc/manpager:35: warning: escape sequence `\{' treated as plain `{'
> gawk: doc/manpager:36: warning: escape sequence `\}' treated as plain `}'
>
> The offending iine is:
> gsub("@b\{","\\fB");
>
> I don't know enough about the source format to comment further....

Changing to
	gsub(/@b\{/,"\\fB");
fixed it.

> autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.58

Mine is by default the older 2.13, as debian chooses.

>> This is the type of incorrectness: no blanks in indented paragraphs.
>>
>>        -i filename
>>               Identifyafilewherestringstobeencodedarereadfrom.If
>
> Can you show me the relevant bit of source?  maybe we can raise this
> as a bug with sun?

This is just a gsub with an anchored substitution to replate leading
blank spaces. Probably some awk flavours ignore anchors (here "^")
in _g_sub. Changed to "sub" as suggested by Daniele Pala and
Sirio Pasquini some time ago, and it's fixed now.

> What's mawk to Solaris anyway? Let's see:
>
> no mawk in /bin /usr/bin [...]

Well, I am not concerned about Solaris in particular but about portability
in general. Unfortunately my HP test drive expired, so I couldn't try
their stuff (which is pretty bad, usually).

> I noticed I forgot to patch doc/Makefile.  How's this?

Fine. Applied.

/alessandro