[Gpm] toshiba tecra mouse question

Andrew Pimlott andrew@pimlott.ne.mediaone.net
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 12:50:57 -0500

On Thu, Jan 18, 2001 at 08:44:58AM -0800, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
> Did you mean "2 normal buttons and 2 small buttons"?  From the rest of
> your post it seems you did.

Yes, thank you.

> Andrew> If I don't start gpm and just run "cat /dev/psaux", I see
> Andrew> events when I press either of the normal buttons, but nothing
> Andrew> when I press the small buttons.  Are these buttons not
> Andrew> reported through the ps/2 interface, or is there some special
> Andrew> sequence to activate them?
>
> As a guess, the latter.
>
> Sorry I cannot help more.  Anyone else?

My only guess then is to spam psaux with data (seems to be three
byte packets, yes?) and see if anything gives.  I found some
information on similar (ie, requiring commands to activate
extensions) PS/2 devices at
http://www-hft.ee.tu-berlin.de/~strauman/tp4utils/ , so that will
give me something to go on if I have time.

Thanks for the reply,
Andrew