[gpm] Keyboard-controlled mouse

Ricky Buchanan rb@tertius.net.au
Thu Nov 20 21:15:40 CET 2003

Nico Schottelius wrote:
> Ricky Buchanan [Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 12:09:30AM +1100]:
> > Is it possible to hack up anything to control gpm via keyboard
> > keys, for example the keypad keys?
> I think this is possible, as gpm only reads devices.
> Simply setup a FIFO or a device, which sends your keyboard keys
> mapped to ps2 events :)

So I'd make a keyboard-processing hack to look for specific
keystrokes defined as mouse-controlling events, and send them to
a daemon.  The daemon would alter them into PS2 events and send
them to a device.  Then set that device as the input for the gpm?
Something like that wouldn't be too hard to do, except my kernel
hacking sucks pretty badly.  Wish somebody'd done it!!

Wouldn't ACTUALLY involve any gpm hacking at all?  nifty.

Is anybody aware of a keyboard-controlled mouse for the console
(ie:  not X) that's been done at any time??

Regards,
Ricky

--
: Usual state:  (e) None of the above.