j820, the saga

Oleg Gusev oleg@usm.uni-muenchen.de
Thu Apr 1 17:31:21 CEST 2004

>* echo Contrast=NNN > /proc/j820 fux0rs the contrast setting in a random
> way (most of the time to 208). The "correct" setting 147 sometimes appears,
> but this is seldom the case.

Use DACDR1 and DACDR2 directly. There is a sane inferface in 2.6
to control these functions. The /proc/j820 is a hack to go away.

>* dpkg refuses to install over NFS unless you symlink /var/lib/dpkg/lock
> to a file on a local filesystem that has locks.

I used 'deb2tgz' and then simply 'tar xfvz', but that's not what you'd
want to do.

>* this 32MB CF isn't found by the kernel (voltage issues?).

PCMCIA configuration problem. I consider it as a most serious
bug in the current kernel (together with the 5c080 problem) that
should be resolved ASAP.

>* tmpfs doesn't seem to work :(

Why ? It works for me, but i don't have much RAM to spare.

> an emacs+clisp editing+coding machine. Sigh.

You don't mind missing cursor ? :)

 Oleg.