5c080 timer understood.

Francois-Rene Rideau fare@tunes.org
Mon Apr 26 11:52:55 CEST 2004

Dear all,

I've just committed a few patches to make living with the initrd easier,
and if you send me whatever you use to do a pivot_root
(the two parts of the script, the one in linuxrc,
and the one that gets exec'ed by chroot after the pivot_root),
I will try to integrate it into the default image, so it may autodetect
(not without checking for the existence of a file in dos partition,
so you may override the autochangeroot).

In other news, I'm back in the game, with a 512MB CF
and a stable internet connection.
I found that the debian image I had prepared for my broken 2GB tinydrive
doesn't fit my CF, so I'll have to redo everything again. Grrrr.
So if you've got a satisfactory installation, debian or not,
I'm interested. Could you post it on the website?

Finally, I see that you have identified the c005c080 device
-- congratulations! I suppose 2.6 hacking will commence now.
Wouldn't you like to separate our files from the main tree?
We'd put our modified files in cvs.sf.net and a script would
automatically merge them with a pristine tree during build.
I'm volunteer to write the scripts.

The program isn't debugged until the last user is dead.