jornada 820 site

Francois-Rene Rideau fare@tunes.org
Sun Feb 22 00:07:56 CET 2004

I compiled a kernel, saw that it booted correctly,
and committed all the source modifications to cvs.sf.net.
Oops, I forgot to commit George's and Oleg's kernels first.
Too late. It's not like I did a lot of modifications, anyway.

On Sat, Feb 21, 2004 at 02:12:36PM -0800, David Jones wrote:
> I was debating on putting a link for a compiled image or not.
Of course yes. People should be able to test the kernel
without having to install a toolchain and compile it!

> Which arm doc files would be best to put on there?
For those who want to compile,
just a link to the file I mentionned should be OK.
Otherwise, uh, generic links to existing distributions,
as initially copied from my j820 page.

> Being a single father with 3 teenage girls, it can be busy around here:)
Teenage grrrrrls! Send them this way, I know what to do with them.
What are you looking for in your drawer? Hey, put down that gun, I was joking!

	https://sourceforge.net/projects/jornada820/

>> * put a link to the Documentation/arm/Jornada820
Explain that it's the instruction for compiling your own kernel.
The URL will be something like
	http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/jornada820/kernel/linux/kernel/Documentation/arm/SA1100/Jornada820?view=markup

>> * release hpcbootl.exe as a project file
Get the version configured and recompiled by oleg on my ftp site.

>> * release a ramdisk image as a project file
Get the one by oleg on my ftp site.

>> * release a compiled kernel as a project file
Can you follow the instructions and compile a kernel?
That would be a good test.
I personally used the zgcc-3.3.1 toolchain from Gentoo-for-Zaurus...
	http://www.opensistemas.com/Gentoo_for_Zaurus.715.0.html
(I'm considering testing Gentoo-for-Zaurus if I have time.)

The people cannot delegate to government the power to do
anything which would be unlawful for them to do themselves.
	-- John Locke, "A Treatise Concerning Civil Government"