release ?

Francois-Rene Rideau fare@tunes.org
Sun May 9 02:19:17 CEST 2004

On Sun, May 09, 2004 at 01:44:33AM +0200, Oleg Gusev wrote:
>> We could pretty much release now.
> It works for _you_ and for _me_, but i don't get such an impression
> from the posts of other people here on this list.
I don't get much impression from them.
Hello, folks, have you tried our stuff? Does it work?

George, are you still with us? Are you preparing another big happy surprise?

> The release is the files we can put in "released" area on sf.net
> with minimal instructions how to install it.
Yup. hpcbootm.exe is ok, and bootimage is nearly ok
(modulo pressing kernel issues).

> Where can i download your .config ?
In CVS.

> Your patch is (IMHO) in principle wrong.
> All of my 3.3V CF cards don't work with it.
OK, so it shouldn't be committed. I'm frustrated.
Now, can you propose something that makes my network card work?
(If you send me your modified hpcboot and a proper script,
I can tell you the register values on WinCE and Linux w/ and w/o my patch).

> I don't say that the PCMCIA code is 100% ok. There are two issues:
> 1. the cards inserted before starting cardmgr are not setup
>     properly (stupid [battery dead] flags set on boot CF)
> 2. Some 5V cards are not initialized properly.
And cardmgr oopsing after I pivot_root to debian.

> You must be joking. I have removed the docs, but still have X
> and opie in 128MB. If i will remove the never used locales/timezones,
> and japanese/chinese/korean fonts, then there will be plenty of space.
Maybe my including gcc and xemacs and other big stuff meant a lot.
I'm a xemacs junkie.

>> (what [X] server do you use? can you post configuration files?),
> I have posted a list of debian packages i have put on top
> of the zaurus image. X/server is one of them.
OK, so I see you're using
	xserver-tinyx-fbdev_4.1.0-3_arm.deb
can you post your Xconfig file?

> I must think about solving the problem of non-us packages, since sf.net is
> in the US. Otherwise you know what i will say.
What non-us packages did you use? ssh is in main, nowadays...

Maybe Jesus was right when he said that the meek shall inherit the earth
-- but they inherit very small plots, about six feet by three.
		-- Lazarus Long